Skip to content Skip to sidebar Skip to footer


Academic year: September/October to August/September.
Admission requirements. Unless otherwise indicated, open to application from all countries. Foreign students must hold a certificate entitling them to study at a university in their home country and recognized as equivalent to a German secondary school-leaving certificate (Allgemeine or Fachgebundene Hochschulreife) for admission to university studies. Applicants who do not meet thies requirement German Allgemeine or Fachgebundene Hochschulrelfe, must pass the Feststellungsprüfung after studying at a Studienkolleg for usually one year. For admission to doctoral studies, the completion of full university studies is usually required. Applications for admission should be submitted to the Akademisches Auslandsamt/ Auslandsbeauftragter (foreign student services) of the university or Hochschule concerned, by 15 January for the summer semester and by 15 July for the winter semester.
Immigration requirements. In order to enter Germany a residence permit visa issued by the diplomatic representation of Germany in the home country is required. This regulation does not apply to study applicants and students from European Union countries and from countries with whom differing regulations have been agreed. To obtain the visa, students are required to present a letter of admission from a German higher education institution or an applicant confirmation, which confirms that the full set of required application documents has been received by a German higher education institution. In addition, students have to give proof of sufficient financial funds.
Language proficiency required. Good knowledge of German is essential, thus foreign students wishing to study at higher education level must pass a special language examination. German-language study facilities are available in most countries, either at Goethe Institutes or at German cultural institutes. German language courses for students from abroad are also held at most universities. An increasing number of universities and colleges offer international English-language programmes.
Monetary unit: deutsche Mark (DM)/Euro.
Information services.
⦁ Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst (German Academic Exchange Service) (DAAD) Headquarters: Kennedyallee 50, 53175 Bonn (fax: 49 228 882 444; e-mail:; DAAD Website: (info in English and
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) provides both general and specific publications on universities and studying in Germany, available in several languages. General information can be obtained through the DAAD branch offices, Goethe institutes and German embassis. Specialised publications have to be ordered from DAAD.
⦁ General information brochure, Living and Studying in Germany (English/French/Spanish/German).
⦁ General information brochure on objectives, services and programmes of the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) (English/French/Spanish/Arabic/Russian).
⦁ Dictionary of scientific and academic terminology, available in the version German-French, German-English, German- Spanish, German-Polish, German-Portugese, German- Italian, German-Russian, German-Chinese, German- Indonesian.
⦁ List of publications for Foreigners about studying in Germany (additional specialised informations sources).

Leave a Comment


WeCreativez WhatsApp Support
Notre Support client est là pour répondre à vos questions. Demandez-nous n'importe quoi!
👋 Salut, comment pouvons nous vous aider?